Sunday 1 August 2010

A tough ride...

I went for a ride to Blackmore this morning - 38 miles - and found it really hard work. I just had no power in my legs and everything felt really heavy. It's probably because I had a big fatboy curry for dinner last night, washed down with a couple of beers, and I didn't have a great breakfast before leaving this morning - just a couple of slices of toast. I'll eat sensibly before my next ride and hopefully that will make a difference.

I did stop off at the tea shop in Blackmore and this time it was open, so I had a cup of tea and a slice of cake, and very nice it was too.

I'm going to start loading my bike up on my rides out, so I get used to carrying the bar bag and panniers. And I'm going to work out some trickier rides with long, slow climbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment